Instagram has finally added the two-factor authentication to its iOS app. This means you can make your Instagram account more secure by enabling the two-factor authentication. When this feature is enabled Instagram will send a unique code to your mobile phone before authenticating the login request. So even if someone has been able to get access to your username and current password, he or she won’t be able to get into your account without entering the unique passcode that was sent to your mobile number. Follow the steps below to enable two factor authentication on Instagram for iPhone or iPad and make your account more secure.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication On Instagram
- Launch Instagram app.
- Tap on the profile button located on right most side of the button bar.
- Once you are on the profile screen tap on the Settings button that is the one with gear glyph.
- You will now see the ‘Options‘ screen. Here you have to tap on the ‘Two-factor Authentication‘ option.
- Enable the toggle for ‘Require security code‘ and then tap on ‘Add Number‘.
- Type in your Phone number and hit the ‘Next‘ button.
- Instagram will send you a code via text message, enter it.
- Now finally take a screenshot of Backup codes that are displayed on your screen.
That’s it. Now every time you or someone else tries to log into your Instagram account you will receive a secret code on your phone number that will be required to authenticate the login. If you don’t have your Phone at hand, you can use one of the codes that you took screenshot of instead to login.