Apple unexpectedly dropped iOS 8.1.2 update for all devices in order to fix bugs in the operating system. Soon after the release it was revealed that the vulnerability TaiG jailbreak was using to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 was still found in the new version, meaning it can be jailbreaked using the same method. Quickly responding to yesterday’s development the TaiG team has released the updated TaiG jailbreak tool that is capable of untethered jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 running on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
If you want to install the latest available version of iOS and want to jailbreak it on your device then follow the steps in this post. As always it is advised that you backup your device using iTunes before starting the procedure.
- First of all download TaiG tool on your computer using this link.
- Then download the iOS 8.1.2 IPSW if your device isn’t running this version already using this link. After downloading update to this version using iTunes. You need to press the ‘Shift’ key and click on ‘Restore’ button to do so.
- Afterwards launch TaiG app and make sure it detects your iPhone or iPad. Next turn off passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and then turn off Find My iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- After you have turned off both passcode and Find My iPhone tap on the green ‘Start’ button to begin jailbreaking your device.
- Once TaiG has completed the jailbreak process you can launch Cydia and download tweaks of your choice. Enjoy!