Ever wanted to use your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a mass storage device, just like a USB flash drive? If yes then we have got a Cydia tweak for you. roqyUSB7 is a recently released tweak that brings this functionality to iOS devices near you.
roqyUSB7 is available at Cydia under ModMyi repo. You can download the trial version for free to test drive the functionality of tweak. But in trial version you can only create virtual disk of size 128MB. However you can break this barrier by purchasing a €5 (approx. $6.80) license.
Once installed this tweak puts an icon to your SpringBoard, providing you to enable/disable and control the size of mass storage device. Every time you enable or disable ‘USB mass storage’ from roqyUSB7 app, it asks you to restart your device. Another thing to keep in mind is once your are using this mode your device won’t be appear as a digital camera as it normally does. No need to worry though as you will be able to access your photos once you quit mass storage mode.
Follow the steps below to get this tweak working on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad:
- Open Cydia, search ‘roqyUSB7’, and install it.
- Restart Springboard. Once respring is complete, find roqyUSB7 icon on your device and open it.
- Now tap ‘Click to create a disk’, 2nd option under ‘VIRTUAL DISK’ heading. Size is fixed in trail but you can change it in paid version.
- Click the create button, and go back by click back arrow at top left.
- Now toggle on the ‘USB mass storage’, it will ask you to reboot. Tap ‘Ok’.
- Wait for device to reboot.
- Plugin it to your Mac or PC and it will appear like a USB flash drive named ‘ROQY_USB’.
- Hurray! you’re done!