We recently told you about how to untethered jailbreak iOS 8 using Pangu tool. A lot has changed since then as a new and improved Pangu has been released with support for English language, bundled Cydia and much more. The method of jailbreaking is slightly different and easier with the new tool. In this post we are going to show you how you can jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or iOS 8.1 with the latest available version of Pangu tool.
Download Pangu 1.1.0 using the links below.
- Download Pangu 1.1.0 (Windows)
- Download Pangu (Mac – coming soon)
1. First of all backup your device using iTunes or iCloud. After that go Settings and turn off Passcode lock. You also need to turn off Find My iPhone so head to Settings > iCloud and turn off the service. Next enable Airplane mode on your device from the Control Panel.
2. Now open the Pangu tool you just downloaded. Windows users should make sure they run it in administrator mode by right clicking on its icon.
3. Pangu should recognize your device and iOS version installed on it, if it does simply hit the ‘Start Jailbreak’ button.
4. On the next page Pangu will give you some instructions, if you have already done all these steps then click on the ‘Already Did’ button.
5. Now Pangu will start jailbreaking your device, during this process your iPhone or iPad will reboot.
6. After the reboot you will see the Cydia and Pangu icons on your screen. Simply launch Cydia and let it load its file system.
That’s it! Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is now jailbroken. Now you can download and install any tweak or app you like that is compatible with iOS 8.