The unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 is semi-untethered which means you not only have to re-jailbreak your iPhone or iPad after every reboot using the unc0ver app, but every 7 days you have to fully reactivate your device’s jailbreak by connecting it to your computer and using Cydia Impactor.
Are you experiencing the issue when the jailbreak has stopped working all of a sudden? Does Cydia Impactor and unc0ver app crashes at launch? We have got the right solution for all your jailbreak problems.
Since unc0ver is a semi-untethered jailbreak that is installed through the Cydia Impactor application, its certificate expires after 7 days. When these 7 days have passed Cydia, unc0ver app and all the Cydia tweaks you have installed on your device will stop working and your device will return in sort of a non-jailbroken state. You can fix this by re-jailbreaking your device, after which the jailbreak will become active again allowing you to enjoy the fruits of iOS 12 jailbreak.
In order to reactivate your iOS 12 device’s jailbreak follow the steps below.
iOS 12 Re-Jailbreak Tutorial
Things You Need to Download
1. After you have downloaded the items above connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with a USB cable and launch Cydia Impactor.
2. Once your iOS device shows up in Cydia Impactor drag and drop the unc0ver v3.0.0 IPA onto the Cydia Impactor tool.
3. During the process Cydia Impactor will ask you for your Apple ID username and password. If you have two-factor authentication, then you need to create an app-specific password by going to appleid.apple.com.
4. Enter Apple ID details and then wait for the process to complete. Once Cydia Impactor is done with the installation unlock your iPhone and look for the ‘unc0ver‘ app icon.
5. Launch ‘unc0ver‘ app on your device. At this point you will get an app trust error. To solve this go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Your Apple ID > And tap on Trust button.
6. Return to home and launch ‘Unc0ver‘ again. Finally tap on the ‘Jailbreak‘ button.
During the jailbreak process your device will reboot a number of times. You might also get errors but you should keep trying until the jailbreak works and you see the Cydia icon on your home screen. You will also get a Jailbreak Complete popup after which your iPhone will reboot automatically.
Once the whole jailbreak process is complete you should be able to run Cydia and install compatible iOS 12 tweaks of your choice.
Note: If you are launching Cydia and it crashes on launch then launch unc0ver app and activate the jailbreak again.
Once you have followed these re-jailbreak steps for unc0ver jailbreak your device will return to its jailbroken state. All tweaks that you had previously had installed on your device will become functional again and you will be able to use Cydia and other jailbreak apps like normal.