Are you fed up of having a jailbroken device and want to remove iOS 13 jailbreak without losing data? Then you have come to the right place. In this step by step guide you will learn how you can safely remove iOS 13.5 jailbreak. This guide features steps for both unc0ver and checkra1n tools.
The steps that we will share with you in this article will not only allow you to remove the jailbreak and bring iOS or iPadOS in its stock state but we will do this without loss of data. The best part? Your iPhone or iPad will stay on the same iOS version, which means you will still be able to jailbreak your device in case you want to in the future.
Who is this guide for?
- For someone who wants to remove iOS 13 jailbreak without losing data.
- For someone who wants to remove iOS 13 jailbreak without restore.
- It is also for someone who wants to have a chance to jailbreak iOS 13 in the future.
So without any further ado, here is the guide for removing iOS 13 jailbreak from your device. This guide works for all versions of iOS 13 including iOS 13.5 jailbreak.
Safely Remove iOS 13 Jailbreak With unc0ver tool (Guide)
If you are using the unc0ver tool to jailbreak your iOS 13 device, then you can follow the following steps to undo jailbreak. This guide will allow you to un-jailbreak your device without restore and without a computer.
- Launch unc0ver app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the Settings button from top left corner of the screen.
- From the Settings page enable Restore RootFS and Refresh Icon Cache toggles.
- Tap on the Done button to return to the main screen.
- Now tap on the ‘Restore RootFS’ or ‘Re-Jailbreak’ button and let unc0ver go through the jailbreak process.
- Tap on OK button when you receive a notice saying ‘Will restore RootFS’.
- Sit tight until unc0ver removes jailbreak from your device. The process could take up to 15 minutes so don’t interrupt.
- Finally you will get a message that would read “RootFS has been successfully restore”. Press OK to reboot the device.
After reboot, your device will boot up in non-jailbroken state. At this point you can simply remove the unc0ver app from your device by deleting like normal app. Cydia icon will also disappear after the reboot.
How To Remove iOS 13 Jailbreak With checkra1n tool
If you used checkra1n tool to jailbreak your device, then you will need to use the same tool to un-jailbreak your iPhone or iPad. Just like unc0ver, checkra1n also allows users to remove jailbreak without restore.
- Launch the checkra1n app on your jailbroken device.
- Tap on the Restore System option.
- Wait for checkra1n to remove jailbreak from your device.
Once checkra1n is done jailbreak will be removed from your device and it will return to its non-jailbroken stock state.
Note: Cydia icon will still appear on the home screen, however don’t worry jailbreak and Cydia have been removed from the device. You can place the Cydia icon in a folder to hide it or restore your device using Finder or iTunes to get rid of it. However by doing that you will also lose the chance of jailbreaking again.
How To Remove Jailbreak And Restore iOS (Lose Chance To Jailbreak)
If you are certain that you will not be jailbreaking your iOS device in the near future, then we recommend that you use the Restore method to remove jailbreak from your device. Using this method you will do a clean restore of iOS on your iPhone or iPad. This method will also allow you to remove Cydia icon after un-jailbreaking.
- Make sure Find My iPhone service is disabled by going to Settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> Find My -> Find My iPhone -> Off.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and launch Finder or iTunes. Now click on the iPhone/iPad button to access the Summary screen.
- Create a fresh backup of your device on iTunes/Finder. Skip this if you use iCloud backup.
- Now press and hold the Option key (Shift key in case of Windows) and click on the ‘Restore’ button.
Wait for your device to restore iOS or iPadOS. Once iOS has been restored make sure you restore your iTunes/Finder or iCloud backup to your device.
There you go folks, this is how you can easily and safely remove iOS 13 jailbreak. This guide works for all versions of iOS 13 including iOS 13.5 jailbreak.