There are reports that PanGu might soon release an iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak. If you are interested in jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch then you should save SHSH2 blobs of your device. Saving the SHSH blobs will make it possible for you to upgrade or downgrade to the iOS version for that particular iOS version if Apple stops signing it. In this post we will share a step by step guide that will help you in saving SHSH2 blobs of your device ahead of iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak.
Save SHSH2 Blobs The Right Way
1. Take your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, connect it to your computer and launch iTunes.
2. On iTunes choose your device from the top left button.
3. Once you are on the device’s summary page click on the serial number a few times, which will eventually change to show ECID of your device. Right click on the ECID number and then click on the copy button.
4. Now that ECID has been copied open this website in web browser of your choice.
5. Enter the information about your device on the website. This includes the ECID you just copied and identifier, which you can select from the drop down menu.
Note: Users of iPhone 6S or above can know the correct identifier by downloading BMSSM app from the App Store, clicking on System and then looking for board configuration number.
6. Once the information has been entered click on the Submit button. Now click on the link that appears on the next page.
7. Now click on the Download ZIP button, which will let you download the blob file on your computer.
After the blobs have been downloaded you can check their integrity by opening this page and uploading the blob files.
That’s it, now you know how to save SHSH2 Blobs of any iOS device and prepare for the upcoming release of iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak. Since you have now saved the blobs you might get the opportunity to downgrade or upgrade to a particular iOS version whenever you like.