A new version of unc0ver jailbreak tool has been released for everyone. This tool allows users to jailbreak iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5 on all devices that support these iOS versions.
You can now download unc0ver v5.0.0 jailbreak tool and use it to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. But before you start with the jailbreak process we recommend that you do a clean installation of iOS 13.5 on your device using the Restore method. Doing so can potentially reduce the risks of getting into problems during the jailbreak process.
unc0ver tool takes advantage of Pwn20wnd’s 0-day vulnreability to jailbreak to iOS 13.5. This jailbreak is the first jailbreak since iOS 9 that uses a 0-day exploit. All jailbreaks before it used 1-day exploits, which were already known to Apple.
The newly released unc0ver iOS 13.5 jailbreak supports all devices. This includes all of the latest iPhones including iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone SE 2020. Older models such as iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 and older are also supported.
Similarly all iPads are also supported and can be jailbroken with this iOS 13.5 jailbreak tool. This includes the new iPad Pros with LiDAR Scanner, older iPad Pros, iPad Airs, iPad minis and budget iPad.
In addition to iOS 13.5 the unc0ver tool also supports iOS 11 and all versions released after it.
Here are some unc0ver iOS 13.5 jailbreak FAQ
Is unc0ver jailbreak tool for iOS 13.5 Safe to use?
The first question that many users ask is whether the unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 13.5 is safe to use or not. And this is a valid concern since there are many fake jailbreak tools that claim to jailbreak iOS but introduce malware onto the devices instead.
Good news is unc0ver jailbreak is completely safe to use. It has been developed by iOS hacker Pwn20wnd and his team, which consists of widely respected hackers who have proven their skills many times in the past.
unc0ver itself isn’t a new tool either and has been around for several years. The current version i.e unc0ver v5.0.0 is its fifth major iteration and has been tested extensively.
Should you use unc0ver v5.0.0 to jailbreak your device?
Now that we have established the legitmacy of unc0ver jailbreak and the fact that it is safe to use, the second question that arises is whether you should download unc0ver v5.0.0 and use it to jailbreak your device.
The answer to this question isn’t as simple. While we can say that unc0ver is safe to use with confidence, the iOS 13.5 jailbreak is still very new.
Its developers have tested the tool however even after rigourous testing bugs are still expected.
If you have a spare iPhone or iPad that you don’t rely on for work or primary computing, then go ahead and use unc0ver v5.0.0 to jailbreak your device. However if you rely on the device too much, then we recommend that you wait for a few more days.
Since iOS 13.5 unc0ver jailbreak tool is now widely available it will be tested in the real world and all the potential bugs will be reported to its developers. The developers will then continue to fix these bugs and push new and more stable versions of unc0ver.
After a few releases unc0ver jailbreak will be stable enough to be used on daily driver devices.
Does unc0ver install Cydia?
Unlike many other jailbreak tools out there that use other package managers, unc0ver tool installs Cydia. It uses a modified version of Cydia that fully works with iOS 13.5.
In addition to installing Cydia on jailbroken devices unc0ver also supports tweak injection. This means you will be able to download and install tweaks on your device after completing the jailbreak process.
Note: Developers recommend that you do a clean installation of iOS 13.5 before jailbreaking it.
Important: Before proceeding to the next section you should create a fresh backup of your device before attempting a jailbreak. If anything goes wrong during the jailbreak process, you can rest assured that your data is safe.
Jailbreak Tutorial for iOS 13.5 or iPadOS 13.5
How To Use AltStore To Jailbreak iOS 13.5 with unc0ver (tested)
You can use AltStore to jailbreak your iOS device with unc0ver. Follow these steps:
1. Download AltStore on your Mac or Windows and unzip the downloaded files.
2. Launch the AltStore on your computer and click on the menu bar and then click on Install Mail Plug-in.
3. From the alert click on Install Plug-in and enter your computer’s password and confirm.
4. Launch the Mail app and click on Mail > Preferences from the top menu bar. Click on General tab and then on Manage Plug-ins option.
5. Make sure AltStore.mailbundle is selected. Now click on Apply and Restart Mail button.
6. Connect your iOS 13.5 device to your computer using a USB cable while AltStore is running and click on menu bar > Install AltStore > Select your device.
7. Log into your Apple ID by entering its username and password. If you have two-factor authentication, then you will need to enter app-specific password.
8. After you get the notification that AltStore has been installed on your device on your iOS device open Settings > General > Device Management and tap on your Apple ID and then tap on Trust button.
9. Now visit unc0ver.dev website in Safari and on the website tap on Open In AltStore button.
10. AltStore will now load the unc0ver tool. Enter your Apple ID username and password when prompted.
11. unc0ver app should now appear in your installed apps list in AltStore. At this point go to your device’s Home screen and launch unc0ver app.
12. Finally tap on the Jailbreak button and wait for the jailbreak process to complete.
How To Jailbreak iPhone or iPad using unc0ver tool with Cydia Impactor or AltDeploy
You can follow this step by step guide on how to use unc0ver iOS 13.5 jailbreak to jailbreak your device.
Step 2. Now connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a USB cable and launch Cydia Impactor/AltDeploy.
Step 3. Once your device is detected drag and drop unc0ver IPA on Cydia Impactor. At this point jailbreak process should start.
Step 4. When prompted enter your Apple ID username and password. If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Apple ID, then you need to use app-specific password.
Step 5. Once Cydia Impactor has completed the jailbreak process, unlock your iPhone and launch the unc0ver app. Then hit the jailbreak button to continue jailbreaking.
Step 6. Your device might reboot during the jailbreak process. After it has rebooted you should see Cydia icon on the home screen.
There you have it, this is how you can easily jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Cydia Impactor or AltDeploy.
If these steps don’t work, then you can also use AltStore to jailbreak your iOS 13.5. The tutorial is give above.
Once you have jailbroken your device you will be able to download and install all iOS 13 compatible tweaks. However be careful as some tweaks might not support iOS 13.5 yet.
We also recommend you follow our tweaks coverage to discover some amazing iOS 13 tweaks.