Apple has released iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 software updates for all users, and they are now available for download on all compatible devices. You can now go to the Software Update section of your iOS device in order to download the latest update.
Apple released iOS 16.5 after an extensive beta testing period, where it beta tested the new OS version with developers and public beta testers. The company has also released two Release Candidates before releasing the final version to the public today.
iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 are both available over the air through the Settings app, iTunes and Finder, and on iOS 16.5 direct IPSW download links, which we have shared below for your benefit.
In addition to iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5, Apple has also released macOS 13.4 Ventura, watchOS 9.5, tvOS 16.5, iOS 15.7.6, and iPadOS 15.7.6 for all users.
What’s new in iOS 16.5
Released ahead of Apple’s iOS 17 announcement at WWDC 2023, iOS 16.5 is a minor update that mostly focuses on bug fixes and improvements. Here’s the full change log for iOS 16.5.
- With iOS 16.5 Apple has introduced new Pride Celebration wallpaper.
- The update brings a new Sports tab inside the News app, which will give users quick access to scores, stories, standing, and more.
- New cards for Sports scores and schedules have been introduced for the News app.
- A bug related to Screen Time settings has been fixed. This bug caused the settings to reset or not sync across devices.
- A bug related to Spotlight search that caused the feature to become unresponsive has been fixed.
- A bug related to Podcasts app in CarPlay has also been fixed. The bug caused the content to not load properly.
Download iOS 16.5 IPSW
Click on the links below in order to download iOS 16.5 IPSW on your Mac or Windows PC. Once the IPSW file has been downloaded, you can use iTunes or Finder in order to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS manually.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
Download iPadOS 16.5 IPSW
You can click on the links below in order to download iPadOS 16.5 IPSW on your computer. You can then use iTunes or Finder in order to install the update manually on your iPad.
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (6th generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (5th generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Air (5th Generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (10th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (9th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (8th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)