There are so many ways to customize and personalize the Apple Watch, however one of the coolest things you can do is adding your own name to the watch face. Not just name, you can use the monogram feature to add any word, symbol or even Apple logo to it. Adding a monogram to Apple Watch face is quite simple, however it may seem complicated if you don’t know how to do it. To make it easier for you to add your name or any other monogram to Apple Watch we have written this simple guide. Read on for the detailed instructions.
Adding name, symbol or Apple logo to a Watch Face
On your iPhone
- First open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘My Watch‘ button.
- Now scroll down until you find ‘Clock‘ option and tap on it.
- On the Clock menu look for ‘Monogram‘ and tap on it. (For Apple logo follow this guide)
- On the next page type the name, word or any symbol that you want to add to your Apple Watch.
On your Watch
Now that you have entered your desired monogram to the Clock section, now its time to add it to the Watch face. watchOS 2 only allows users to add monograms to the ‘COLOR’ Watch face. Follow the steps below to see how its done.
- Access the Watch face screen by pressing the digital crown button if you are not on it already.
- Force tap on the screen in order to get to the watch face selection screen.
- Now swipe left or right until you find the ‘COLOR‘ watch face, once on it tap on the ‘Customize‘ button.
- Next swipe left to access the second screen and then tap on the complication located on the center, and scroll with digital crown to select ‘Monogram‘.
That’s it! Now you have your very own personalized watch face with your name on it. Being able to add your name or a symbol to watch face is great but we would love to see support for monogram in other watch faces as well as support for third-party watch faces in watchOS 3.