Starting iOS 14 users can change an app’s photos access permissions and choose to only give an app access to selected photos. In this tutorial you will learn how to change an app’s photos access permission and add or remove previously selected photos.
iOS 14 brings many privacy focused features to iPhone and iPad. One of the new features lets users choose if they want to only share selected photos or all photos in their library with an app.
Previously iOS users could only share the full photos library with apps or choose to share no photos at all, which made user’s life difficult because if they want to give an app access to just a single photo, they were forced to share their whole library. With the new privacy focused feature they have more control over their privacy and can only share the required photos with a third-party application.
When you download a new app and it asks for permission to access photos, you can choose between Selected Photos, All Photos Or None.
However you can change your preferences at a later stage, so if you decide to take away full access to photos and only share selected photos with a particular app, you can do so from Settings.
You can also change the photos an app has access to. So if you want to add more photos an app has access to or remove photos from access, you can also do so from Settings. We have shared steps for both below.
How To Change An App’s Photos Access Permission On iOS 14 Or Later
Here’s how to change an app’s photos access settings on iOS 14 or later.
- On your iPhone or iPad launch Settings.
- Go to Privacy and then to Photos.
- From the Photos page tap on the app you want to change settings for.
- Finally from the next screen choose between Selected Photos, All Photos or None.
- If you choose the Selected Photos option, you will be able to select the certain photos or videos that you want to share with that app.
- Choose the photos and tap on the Done button to proceed.
How To Change Photos An App Has Access to
On iOS 14 or later you can also change the photos and videos an app has access to at a later stage. For example, if you gave photos access to an app for specific photos, and you want to add more photos at a later stage, then you can do so by following these steps.
- On your iPhone or iPad launch Settings and go to Privacy.
- Tap on the app you want to add more selected photos to.
- From the next screen tap on ‘Edit Selected Photos‘ option and choose the photos that you wan to give access to.
This is how you can change an app’s photos access and add or remove photos that an app has access to. If you have any questions regarding this iOS 14 guide, then let us know in the comments below.
More Photos App Tutorials:
- How To Show Or Hide Hidden Album On iPhone’s Photos App
- How To Create Folders In Photos App For iPhone And Mac
- How To Flip A Photo On iPhone Or iPad
- How To Hide Photos On iPhone Or iPad In iOS 13 Or Later
- How To Delete Photos From iPhone Or iPad The Right Way
- How To Quickly Remove Location Data From Photos In iOS 13 Or Later