If you are looking for a way to close your Spotify account from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then you have come to the right place. No matter what your reason for deleting the Spotify account is we have got you covered. Please note that this post will allow you to permanently delete your Spotify account even if it is currently in a free, non-premium state.
Unfortunately Spotify does not offer an easy way to delete your free account using the iOS app. Instead of putting an option on its iOS app you have to use the web-based tool that lets you close your Spotify account in a few steps.
Delete Spotify Account Permanently
- On any web browser open the Contact Spotify page.
- From the menu click on the ‘Account‘ option.
- You will see a new menu, click on ‘I want to close my Spotify account permanently‘.
- You will now see the ‘Permanently Close Account‘ page.
- Click on the ‘Close Account‘ button to close your Spotify account.
- Finally click on the ‘Close Account‘ button once again from the next screen.
Once you have closed your account your saved music, playlists or followers cannot be recovered. Your username will also not be available to you or anyone else for sign up again.
This guide is up to date as of July 2017. If you find it to be outdated then please do us a favor and let us know in the comments section below.