With iOS 12 Apple has made it easier for users to cut out distractions. In addition to introducing improved Do Not Disturb feature the company has also made it possible for users to easily turn off alerts for notifications belonging to certain apps. This notifications feature allows users to restrict notifications and make their device’s distraction free as a result.
A new ‘Deliver Quietly’ option has been added to notifications that can be accessed directly from the lockscreen. Users can slide on the notification banner to enable Deliver Quietly for an app. When this option is enabled the notifications will be delivered to user’s device quietly. What this means is when a new notification arrives from the same app, it will show up in the Notification Center just like normal, however it won’t appear on the lockscreen and play a sound or vibration. This can be instrumental in making your iPhone or iPad distraction free when you are performing some important task.
Enable or Disable Deliver Quietly Notifications Feature
Here’s how you can enable Deliver Quietly option for notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
- Slide left on a notification belonging to app you want to silence and tap on ‘Manage’.
- From the next menu tap on ‘Deliver Quietly.
- Repeat these steps for all the apps that you want to silence.
Turning the notifications for a specific app is also very simple. To do so, simply follow the instructions below.
- Slide left on a notification belonging to an app that you want to enable notifications for, and then tap on ‘Manage’.
- Now from the next menu tap on ‘Deliver Prominently’ option.
- Repeat these steps for all the apps that you want to enable notifications for.
In case you don’t have a pending notification for an app, then you can turn alerts back on by going to Settings > Notifications > App and turn on alerts for lockscreen and its sounds.
The Deliver Quietly notifications feature was added in iOS 12 and is also present in iOS 13 or later. You can follow the same steps above to enable or disable delivery quietly notifications feature on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.