Apple Watch has a decent screen that lets you perform different tasks with taps and with the help of its digital crown. While the device is only useable when its screen is on, it tends to turn it off as soon as it could. That happens because the device is configured to save battery and stay on for as long as possible. If you are not worried about your Apple Watch running out of battery, then you can make its screen to stay on for longer intervals. In this post we will show you how you can make your Apple Watch to stay on for longer than 15 seconds, extending the display time to 70 seconds.
How to make Apple Watch screen to stay on for longer intervals
Before we begin please note that this guide only affects the screen when it is turned on with a tap. The device will still turn off after the same interval when it is turned on by raising the wrist.
Using the iPhone
There are two ways of changing the interval times, you can do so right from the Watch app on your iPhone or the Watch itself.
- On your iPhone launch the Watch application and tap on the ‘General’ option from the sidebar.
- Now look for the ‘Wake Screen’ option and tap on it.
- On the next page look for the ‘On Tap’ heading and choose the ‘Wake for 70 Seconds’ option.
- On your Apple Watch access the homescreen by tapping on the digital crown, and tap on the Settings icon.
- Now go to ‘General’ and hit the ‘Wake Screen’ option.
- Look for the ‘On Tap’ heading and from the list select ‘Wake for 70 Seconds’ option.
That’s it. (Howtogeek)