iOS 13 brings tons of new features to iPhone, so naturally we focus on big new features like the Dark Mode, Redesigned Photos app, New Reminders etc. However it can be easy to forget there are a bunch of smaller features that have been introduced in iOS 13 that are as significant to the iPhone experience as the bigger ones.
So we decided to focus on creating a list of some of the small iOS 13 features that we absolutely love. We have showcased our favorite small iOS 13 features in the video that you can watch below. A complete list of all the features mentioned in our video is also available below.
Small but significant iOS 13 Features that we love:
- New Control Center menus for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: You can now quickly switch between Wi-Fi networks and connect to your Bluetooth accessories right from Control Center.
- New text formatting features in Mail app: Mail app now allows users to have desktop class text formatting right on their iPhone. With the new feature users can edit the text by changing font styles, adding bullet or numbered lists, add indentation and outdentation, increase or decrease font size, change font color and more.
- Time Synced Lyrics in Music app: Music app now displays time synced lyrics that match the now playing song.
- New Volume HUD (Of course!): iOS 13 adds a minimalistic volume HUD that can also be controlled with fingers.
- QuickPath keyboard: New swipe based keyboard that lets you type with one hand more easily by moving your finger from letter to letter.
- Redesigned Share sheet with smart suggestions: New share sheet gives users smart suggestions by showing ways they can share a content depending on the content user is trying to share. It can also show quick actions such as buttons to removing Live Photo or a Photo’s location data to save user’s time.
- Unlimited App Downloads Over LTE: Users can now download apps over LTE without any size restrictions.
- Activity Trends in Activity app: Activity Trends feature allows users to compare their last 90 days performance with previous 365 days and look at data like active calories, flights climbed, exercise, stand, distance etc.
- Do Not Disturb While Driving does not activate if you are in public transit: iOS will not detect if you are travelling in public transit and will not activate Do Not Disturb While Driving feature.
- Siri Suggestions in Safari browser: Siri now shows website suggestions on Safari’s new tab screen. It allows users to quickly open their frequently visited websites, websites copied in their clipboard or shared with them by a friend over iMessage.
If you aren’t already, do subscribe to our official channel for more iOS 13 coverage, how to’s and more!