Apple has just released iOS 11 Beta 2 for developers and it is now available for download for all devices that support it. The update has been released over-the-air and is also available through the developer center. If you are a developer who is running iOS 11 beta, then head to Settings > General > Software update in order to upgrade your device to the latest version. It is a significant update and brings a number of changes to the operating system.
We are looking into the changes and will update this post as we find them. Even though the update brings bug fixes and improvements, the list of changes in this release are huge as it fixes most of the issues that iPhone and iPad users were having on the first beta release. Bug fixes in this release cover Safari, Mail, Music, Files App, system features like Bluetooth, CarPlay, Apple Pay, ARKit and much more.
While we update our iOS 11 devices to beta 2 and look for new features, why don’t you check out our coverage of iOS 11 features here.
Update: Here the changes that have been discovered in iOS 11 beta 2 so far by the iOS community.
- Do No Disturb While Driving feature has been enabled in beta 2. Users can configure it from Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Files app now shows external storage options.
- New Search options have been added to for Apple Music.
- Control Center Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggles have been fixed.
- The new Echo iMessage effect now has orange bubbles instead of blue.
- Control Center settings now have ‘Customize Controls’ option. Additional controls are now managed from a separate page.
- You can now tap and hold on a photo with one finger to select it, and then use other finger to add more photos to the selection. Similar to how you can choose multiple icons on the homescreen.