Apple has released the iOS 11 developer beta 5 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and it is now available for download. The update brings a number of improvements and visual changes to the operating system.
If you are a developer who is running iOS 11 on his or her devices, then simply head to the Software Update section of the Settings app to update your device to the latest release. If you have iOS 10 installed, then open the developer center to download the configuration profile for this release. An IPSW should also be available for download.
There are many noticeable as well as under the hood changes in this release. Here are some of the features that have been discovered so far.
- New explainer splash screens for iPad’s multitasking features and Camera app’s Portrait mode.
- The Messages in iCloud feature has been disabled in this release, should get enabled again in the upcoming updates.
- The lines from the Camera app icon have been removed. The Settings app icon now has a darker background.
- Camera app now shows a square around the ‘+’ level indicator.
- Swiping open on an alert launches the related app now.
- Health app data sharing after opt-in.
- A new wave icon is shown on the Now Playing in Control Center to quickly change speaker sources.