Apple has seeded iOS 15 developer beta 3 and it is now available for download. If you’re running iOS 15 developer beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch then you can head over to the Software Update section of your device in order to download the update.
iOS 15 developer beta 3 is the third major developer beta release since Apple started beta testing iOS 15. Apple is expected to release several more iOS 15 betas before it finally releases the public version some time in the fall.
This particular beta release comes 2 weeks after the previous developer beta was released to public.
In addition to iOS 15, third developer betas for iPadOS 15, macOS Monterey, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15 have also been released for download.
Changes in iOS 15 beta 3
Here are the changes introduced in iOS 15 developer beta 3.
Just like most early developer beta releases this iOS 15 beta 3 is expected to bring both major and minor changes to the operating system. We are look for these changes and will update this post as we find them.
- Safari’s new address bar has received design tweaks and now appears integrated with the keyboard when user is typing a web address or search query. The new placement makes the bar easier to reach.
- New Reload button has been added to Safari browser on iPhone. Users can access it by tapping and holding on the address bar. Doing so will give them access to a menu with Reload button. Users can refresh a webpage with this new Reload button.
- New screen that explains Focus Status to the user.
- New icons are added to the Focus section of the Settings app that color match with user’s chosen Focus.
- Redesigned Music homescreen widget that matches color with the now playing album’s color.
- New actions for Background Sounds in Shortcuts app.
- The Text from Camera button in the text editing menu has been converted into an icon, which makes it take up less space.