It is painful to see interesting content on Instagram and you can’t download or save it on your device because of Instagram restrictions. This is a problem for those who have friends that are not on their Instagram account. Sending your favorite videos to them can be difficult. This can be solved by downloading Instagram content on your device and then sending it to your friends via iMessage or other apps.
But the question is: What should you do to download or save Instagram content on your device?
In this article, I’m going to show you how to download or save Instagram content on your PC, Android, and of course iPhone.
How to Download Instagram Videos
There are different methods to download content on every device. Content like videos, reels, stories, highlights, and IGTV is on the trend and you might want to keep some of these amazing videos to watch them offline or share with a friend.
And here’s how you can download these contents to any of your devices:
- Go to a free website Instagram video downloader
- Copy the link to the Instagram video you wish to download
- Paste the link into the site’s search box and click on “Enter” or “Search”
- Open the video and click the “download” button at the top to download the video to your device
How to Download Instagram Videos on iPhone
- Go to Settings >Control Center > Customize Controls, then click the + button next to the screen recording
- From the upper-right corner of your screen, swipe down and click on the record button
- Open the Instagram video you wish to save and allow it to play through while recording
- Click the red icon on your screen to stop, and save when it’s over
- Copy the link to the Instagram video
- Open Safari browser and search Instagram Video Downloader
- Paste the video link, click the download icon and your video will be downloaded automatically
- To save the video to your phone’s gallery, select the video and click on the share icon. Then click “Save video”
One of the most common apps to download Instagram videos on iPhone is the Blaze app from the Apple App store. And here’s how to use it:
- Download the Blaze app from App Store
- Copy the link to the Instagram video you wish to download
- Paste the link into the Blaze app, choose download, and select the option to save to the camera roll
The options are very limited when it comes to the iPhone, and another good app you can use to download Instagram videos is “Regrammer”.
How to Download Instagram Videos on PC
- Download Movavi Screen Recorder
- Click the Screen recording icon and navigate to the Instagram video you want to record
- Click “Start recording”
- Click “Stop” to end the recording
- Click the Export icon in the dialog box that appears, rename the file, select the output format and click “Save“
- Open the video you want to download on Instagram’s website, right-click on it and select “inspect element” or “view page source”
- Open the “Find” button using the Ctrl+F keys and type in “MP4”
- Copy the link next to the “src” that shows up in the section of code.
- Paste this link on a new tab. While the video starts playing, right-click and select “save video as” to download on your PC
How to Download Instagram Videos on Android
- Swipe the notifications bar and click the “Screen Recording” option
- Navigate to Instagram and select the video you want to record
- Click the record icon and play the IG video simultaneously to begin recording. Stop the recording as soon as the video has finished and it will be downloaded to your phone
- Watch the Instagram video that you want to download
- Go to File manager>Android > data > com. Instagram. android > cache > videos.
- All the IG videos you have watched will appear here with the ‘.clean extension‘.
With the Instagram video downloader by InShot Inc, you can easily download IG videos on your Android.
- Download ‘Instagram Video Downloader’ by InShot Inc from the play store
- Open the Instagram video you want to download and copy the link
- Paste the link and click the share icon
- Tap “Download picture” to save it to the gallery
You can also use other apps like Storiesig.me, InsTake, Insaver, and instaGet.
How to download Instagram Reels
Instagram reels are very common and the only way to download them on your PC or phone is by using third-party apps or websites like Instagram reels Downloader. And here’s how:
- Copy the name or link to the Instagram reel
- Paste the link or name into the site’s search bar, and click “Search”
- Open the reel and click the download button at the top right corner to save it on your device
How to download Instagram Highlights
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download IG highlights on any device using Instagram highlight downloader:
- Copy the link/name of the Instagram profile highlights you want to download
- Paste in the search bar and press the “Enter” icon
- Click on the highlight video you want and press “Download”
- The saved highlight video will automatically appear on your phone’s gallery or the “Download folder” on your PC
How to download Instagram IGTV
IGTV is trending on Instagram and if you’re looking to download IGTV videos, here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Open Instagram, copy the IGTV video link, and paste it into Stories
- Click “Enter” and select the video
- Click “download” to save IGTV on your device
How to download Instagram Stories
The Instagram stories downloader lets you download Ig stories on all devices from private and public accounts.
- Copy the link/name of the Instagram profile stories you want to download
- Paste the link or name into the site’s search box and click “Enter”
- Open the IG story and click the download icon
- The IG story will be saved to your PC or phone
How to download Instagram photos, Pictures, Images, Posts
To download Instagram photos, pictures, images, and posts, go to Instagram on your phone or PC.
Search for the post you want to save and tap the bookmark icon in the bottom-right corner of the post.
Now view your saved posts by going to Instagram > Profile > Menu > Saved on your phone, or Instagram > Profile > Saved on the official website.
How to Download Instagram photos on a PC
To take a screenshot of a single page or the entire Windows desktop, here’s what to do:
- Press the Windows, Function, and Print Screen keys on your PC simultaneously
- Click the “Folder icon” on the taskbar to open “File Explorer”
- Select photos on the folder icon towards the top, or menu towards the left and double-click ‘screenshot folder’
- Click “View” and select details in the drop-down menu. The screenshot will be shown with the current date and time
How to download Instagram photos on your PC:
- Open Instagram, copy the image link, and paste it into a fresh browser
- If you don’t want to login to your Instagram account, right-click on the photo and select “Copy Link Address”
- Right-click when the photo opens and select “View Page Source” (Page source code comes up in a separate browser tab)
- Scroll down through the code, or use your browser’s “Find” tool to search for the most recent .jpg link
- Copy the link text that appears between the quotation marks and paste it on a fresh browser tab
- Right-click to download the image
How to Download Instagram photos on iPhone
In this guide, we’ll go over everything you need to know and do on how to download Instagram photos on your iPhone.
- Open the Instagram photo you wish to save
- Press and hold the Power button and Home button concurrently to take a screenshot
- The screenshot will be saved to the camera roll
- Open the Instagram photo, click on the three dots in the right top corner and tap “copy link”
- Open the IG photo downloader on Safari and paste the link on the search bar
- Open and start a new note
- Paste the picture there and click “Save image” to download it on your iPhone
How to Download Instagram photos on Android
Capturing screenshots on your Android device is done by simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons. And this works on almost any device.
A very good app to download and edit Instagram photos and videos is Inshot. You can easily download it on your Android from Google Play Store.
- Copy the video link you want to download and paste it on Instastories.watch or Storiesig.me
- Click download>long press screen>Download Image
- Open the InShot app, select ‘import photos and videos, and click the edit icon
- Choose a resolution – you can save your picture in 480p, 720p, or even 1080p
- After editing, click “Save” and the photo will be saved in your InShot gallery.
- Other apps you can download from the play store are FastSave, iGetter, and Save-o-gram.
Now you know the easiest way to download Instagram content on all devices is using the Insta Photo Downloader for photos and the Insta Video Downloader for videos.
You don’t need to worry about saving those Instagram content anymore.