In this article we will show you how you can cancel the Apple TV 1 year free trial and prevent yourself from getting charged recurring $4.99 monthly fees for the service.
Last year Apple announced that it will offer a free 1 year subscription to anyone buying a new device. Anyone who buys a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac is eligible to get free 1 year access to Apple TV+.
Since it has been almost a year since Apple started the promotion the time will eventually come when your Apple TV+ one year free subscription will expire, at which point you will be charged $4.99 per month. For example in my case my subscription expires on November 1st, 2020. This essentially means On November 1st I will be charged $4.99 through my Apple account. The charge will be made automatically unless I manually opt out of Apple TV+ subscription and cancel my free trial before that date arrives.
If you’re like me and want to cancel Apple TV+ subscription before getting charged, then you have come to the right place.
Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription Before Getting Charged
Here you will find instructions on cancelling your Apple TV+ subscription before you are charged. This guide includes steps that you can perform from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
Note: As soon as you end your Apple TV+ subscription your Apple TV+ service will be terminated immediately. You will not be able to take advantage of remaining months in your subscription.
Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription from your iPhone or iPad
You can follow these steps to cancel Apple TV+ subscription from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Open Settings and click on your name from the top.
- From the Apple ID screen tap on Subscriptions option.
- Now from the Subscriptions page tap on ‘Apple TV+’ option.
- Finally click on the ‘Cancel Free Trial’ button to end the trial immediately.
After following the steps above your Apple TV+ trial will end immediately. This means you will no longer be automatically charged for a monthly subscription.
Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription from your Mac
You can follow the following steps to cancel Apple TV+ subscription from your Mac.
- Open the Music app and click on the Account option from the menu bar.
- From the Account menu click on ‘View My Account’ option.
- On the Account Information screen scroll down and under Settings look for Subscriptions.
- Click on the Manage button located next to Subscriptions.
- On the Subscriptions page look under ‘Active’. You should find the Apple TV+ subscription, click on the Edit button next to it.
- Finally click on the ‘Cancel Free Trial’ option to end your Apple TV+ subscription.
Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription from your Apple TV
You can follow the simple steps below to cancel Apple TV+ Subscription from your Apple TV device.
- Open Settings and go to Users & Accounts.
- Select your account and then go to Subscriptions.
- Choose Apple TV+ subscription and then select Cancel Subscription.
There you go folks, this is how you can easily end your Apple TV+ subscription and avoid getting charged. This guide is super helpful for those who don’t use the Apple TV+ service and do not want to be charged for its subscription.