When it comes to connecting AirPods to PS4 or Xbox One, the procedure is not easy. Why? Because you cannot directly connect AirPods to these game consoles.
However, gamers who love to play games comfortably may prefer using wireless buds. Wireless buds give them the freedom to move around while playing games as well as the quality sound they really need. In addition to this you can also switch to your iPhone easily whenever you need.
For gamers who want to use AirPods with PS4 or Xbox One, it doesn’t matter whether the process of connecting AirPods with the game consoles is easy or not, they just need an excellent gaming experience.
If you are also one of those gamers and have AirPods, AirPods 2nd generation, and newest AirPods Pro, you may be anxious to know how to connect AirPods to PS4 or Xbox One.
How To Connect AirPods To PS4
As mentioned above you cannot connect the AirPods directly to PS4, you need to have a Bluetooth dongle for this purpose. One of the recommended Bluetooth dongles, we will talk about connecting Twelve South’s AirFly Pro to PS4 and Xbox One. In order to connect AirFly Pro to PS4:
- Connect the AirFly Pro to the headphone jack.
- Put the Bluetooth dongle in TX, the transmit mode.
- Now, hold the button for a few seconds till the light flashes. Now the device is ready for pairing.
- Open the AirPods case having both pieces in it. At the backside of the charging case, press and hold the pairing button. After a few seconds, the AirPods case light will flash white.
- Wait a few seconds till the pairing completes. When paired, the AirFly will flash white light. Whereas the AirPods light will turn green with a full charge and will turn amber if it is less than fully charged.
- You AirPods are now connected to AirFly Pro, which is connected to the PS4.
Note: With AirFly Pro dongle, you can only hear the incoming sounds but cannot talk because it can only transmit sounds to your headphones and not your voice chat audio.
The Remote Play App Method:
The second method to connect AirPods to PS4 is to use the Remote Play app on your iPhone. But for that, you need to register and activate it with PS4. Once registered, go to the ‘Bluetooth Settings’ on your smartphone and pair the AirPods to your PS4.
How To Connect AirPods To Xbox One:
Like PS4, you cannot connect the AirPods directly to the Xbox One. But I have got you covered here too. For this, you need to have the Xbox App on your iPhone or iPad only. In order to connect AirPods and Xbox One:
- Launch the Xbox One App on your iPhone or iPad (get the App from the App Store).
- On the top of the screen, tap on the three person’s icon.
- Now, tap on the ‘Start a Party’. Either you can join the party or start one and invite other people to get started.
- When joined, connect your AirPods with your iPhone, as you do by opening the AirPods case. This will instantly pair your AirPods with the Xbox One through the App.
- Now, you can communicate with other people participating in the party.
Have you tried any of these methods? Let us know in the comments below. For more useful posts for your iOS devices, stay tuned to iOSHacker.com.