iOS 13 finally brings Memoji Stickers support to older iPhones and iPads, enabling users to create their personalized Memoji and use them as stickers in iMessage and other messaging apps. While Memoji stickers introduced in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 are fun, they are also kind of in your face since Apple has added the Frequently Used Memoji’s section on the Emoji keyboard.
If you are someone who does not use Memoji Stickers that often, then you have the ability to hide the Frequently Used Memoji section from the Emoji keyboard and also completely hide its app from the iMessage app bar.
How To Hide Memoji Stickers From Emoji Keyboard
You can hide the Frequently Used Memoji Stickers section from the Emoji keyboard by following the simple steps below.
- Access your iPhone or iPad’s keyboard and then switch to the Emoji keyboard.
- Once you are on the Emoji keyboard simply slide left on the screen until the Memoji Stickers section gets hidden.
That’s it! Now that the Memoji Stickers section has been hidden from your Emoji keyboard, iOS will remember this action and will not show the frequently used stickers until you slide right on the keyboard to reveal them again. This method not only works with the Messages app but it will also allow you to hide Memoji Stickers in apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and other messaging apps.
How To Completely Hide The Memoji Stickers
If you want to go a step further and also hide the Memoji Sticker app from the iMessage app bar, then you can follow the steps below.
- Launch the Messages app and open any conversation thread.
- Access the iMessage app bar and slide all the way to the right until you find the ‘…’ button, and tap on it.
- Now tap on the ‘Edit’ button and remove the Memoji Stickers app from the favorites bar.
- Next scroll down and under ‘More Apps’ turn off the toggle for Memoji Stockers app.
That’s it, now Memoji Stickers will not appear in your iPhone or iPad’s iMessage app bar.
Here’s our look at Memoji feature on older devices.