iPhone has a very useful feature that allows it to securely store website passwords in iCloud Keychain. The stored passwords are synced across all iCloud connected devices and can be conveniently entered automatically after biometric authentication.
The process is very simple, if you have a frequently visited website that requires password to login you can choose to store it in your iPhone’s memory. Then the next time you visit the website and have to login, you can simply scan your face or perform Touch ID authentication and the password will autofill, giving you easy and secure access to the website. The feature also works for apps on the iPhone.
While this is all great but what if you forget the username or password to any website and want to know its password? If you forget a website or app’s password iPhone’s ability to store your password can also come in handy as it allows users to view the website and app passwords right on their device. This is great for instances when you have forgotten the password or if you want to enter the password on another device.
You can view stored passwords of any website or app by following the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad launch Settings app and scroll down.
- Tap on Passwords & Accounts option.
- On the next screen tap on ‘Website & App Passwords’ option.
- Authenticate with FaceID or Touch ID.
- Now you will get a list of websites whose passwords and usernames are stored on your iPhone. Simply tap on the website you want to view the password for.
- On the next screen you will be able to see your username and password. On the same page you can also change the stored password by tapping on the ‘Edit’ button.
That’s it. This is how you can easily view the website or app passwords stored on your iPhone or iPad and edit them in a few simple steps.