Apple has today released developer beta 4 for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. Both updates are now available on devices that are already running the developer beta or have iOS 14 configuration profiles installed. If you’re a developer who is testing out the developer beta, then you can head over to Software Update section of your device in order to install the update.
The new beta brings a number of improvements, bug fixes, changes and features that we have detailed below. In addition to the developer beta program Apple is also running a public beta, whose beta build will be released later.
Here are the changes introduced in iOS 14 developer beta 4…
- iOS 14 beta 4 brings support for the Exposure Notification API for COVID-19 contact tracing. The feature is already found on iOS 13.6 and has finally been added in iOS 14.
- Apple has reactivated 3D Touch support in devices that feature 3D Touch hardware. The support was disabled in iOS 14 beta 3.
- Users get a Skip option when pairing their AirPods Pro to their iPhone for quicker pairing.
- New iOS 14 widgets for TV app have been added in this beta release. The previous beta brought Clock widget, which was also missing from initial beta releases.
- iOS 14 beta 4 offers improved search capabilities for app content and knowledge questions.
If you find any other changes in iOS 14 beta 4, then let us know in the comments section below.