As it was announced last week, Apple has just released iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 software updates and they are now available on their respective devices. iOS 13.4 is a major update that brings a number of changes, especially for the iPads that are getting enhanced cursor feature.
You can now download iOS 13.4 software update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch by heading to Settings > General > Software Update. In addition to over-the-air, iOS 13.4 is also available through Finder/iTunes and on direct IPSW download links given below.
Along with iOS 13.4 update Apple has also released macOS Catalina 10.15.4 watchOS 6.2 and tvOS13.4. For developers Xcode 11.4 has been released.
Enhanced Cursor and Trackpad support on iPad
On the iPad, iPadOS 13.4 brings enhanced cursor feature that allows users to take better advantage of a connected trackpad or mouse accessory. Unlike the Accessibility focused mouse support that was added with iPadOS 13.0, this new enhanced support not only allows users to interact with their screen using a trackpad or mouse but also adds new multi-touch gestures for the trackpad that can be used to go home or switch between spaces.
iPadOS 13.4 cursor support allows users to easily access areas like Control Center and Notification Center by bringing the cursor to either top right or left corner and clicking.
The cursor also adapts to whatever it is pointing and changes its shape accordingly. For example, if you bring the cursor on top of a piece of text it will turn into a typing indicator, making it easier for users to select text underneath. When the cursor is pointing over a button it will turn into a button highlighter, enabling users to easily click on the on-screen button. Similarly when the cursor is pointing/hovering over an icon, that icon will increase in size. The cursor also changes color when moved around the home screen to make sure it is always visible.
Another new iPadOS specific feature targets the Photos app, which can now take advantage of keyboard shortcuts for creating quick navigation between tabs, search and creating album. Users can also use the keyboard to delete, duplicate and edit photos.
Other notable changes in iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4
- iCloud Drive Folder Sharing feature is now available.
- Mail app’s toolbar screen now displays controls for move and compose in addition to reply and trash/archive.
- New reactions for Memoji stickers have been added to Memoji stickers section including stickers for hearts, eye-rolling, Memoji sitting behind a MacBook and more.
- New QuickType Keyboard features include addition of support for predictive input for Arabic, Live conversion support for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin), support for Swiss German layout on the iPad Pro 12.9-inch.
- iOS will ask the user if an app that has previously been authorized to use Location Services when ‘While Using the App’ asks for ‘Always’ authorization for the first time.
Direct iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 IPSW Download Links
iOS 13.4 IPSW Links for iPhone
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPod touch (7th generation)
iPadOS 13.4 IPSW Links for iPad
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini (5th generation),
- iPad mini 4