Connect with us

iOS Hacker

14 Year Old Girl Dies After Getting Electrocuted From iPhone Cable

News

14 Year Old Girl Dies After Getting Electrocuted From iPhone Cable

A tragic news comes Hanoi, Vietnam where a 14 year old girl has reportedly died after being electrocuted in her sleep possibly through her iPhone 6’s charging cable. According to the local Police a burnt and possibly fake lightning cable was found on her bed. The cable had a slight tear in the rubber casing, which exposed the live wires from inside.

The Vietnamese girl was found unconscious in bed by her parents, who took her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead with cause of dead being confirmed as electrocution.

A picture of the cable that the girl came in contact with during her sleep has been shown. The cable does appear to be damaged and has tape wrapped around it. The length of the cable appears to be shorter than 0.5-meter of Apple’s original lightning cable suggesting it is a fake cable. However police are still investigating if that is the case or not.

This is not the first time a major incident has taken place involving charging cables for the Apple iPhone. In almost all of these cases a fake lightning cable and fake charging adapters are involved. The situation got so out of hand that just last year Apple tested accessories being sold on Amazon and determined 90 percent of them were fake and not safe to use.

If you using a non-genuine Apple cable or adapter, then it is a good idea to get rid of it as soon as possible. Such accessories not only harm your device but they can also be fatal. If you don’t like Apple’s expensive cables and adapters, then you can find plenty of decent cables from third-party brands that follow necessary safety procedures. (Source)

 


1 Comment
  • How can low voltage DC electrocute us, Unless there was water involved, this seems unlikely.

More in News

Recent

Trending

To Top