Apple has released the third iOS 13 developer beta and it is now available for download on all supported devices. The release comes 2 weeks after the company released the second beta. If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 13 developer beta, then you can head over the Software Update section of your device to download the update over-the-air. Along with iOS 13 developer betas for macOS Catalina, watchOS 6 and tvOS 13 have also been updated.
iPadOS 13 and iOS 13 is a major iOS release the brings a wide range of new features to iOS devices. New features include a new dark mode, redesigned Photos and Reminders apps, new video editing features, redesigned Volume HUD, Siri improvements, updated Maps, Files app improvements, desktop class Safari for iPad, Safari download manager, new swipe keyboard, Memoji improvements, major CarPlay improvements and more.
If you have not installed developer beta on your device but are interested in trying iOS 13 out, then you can follow the steps below to install it on your devices. However it is recommended that you download the iOS 13 public beta instead, which is comparatively more stable than the developer version.
How to install iOS 13 developer beta
You can follow these instructions in order to install iOS 13 developer beta 2 on your devices.
- First of all download the iOS 13 Configuration profile from Apple’s developers website.
- Make sure you create a fresh backup of your iOS device.
- Remove any beta profiles if you have them installed by going to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Download the iOS 13 Configuration Profile on your iPhone or iPad and tap on it. In case you download it on Mac, AirDrop it to your iOS device.
- Then from the popup choose iPhone or iPad and then tap on Install.
- Enter your device’s Passcode.
- Once iOS 13 beta configuration profile has been downloaded and added, plug your iPhone or iPad to power and make sure it connected to the Internet.
- Go to Settings > General > Software update and tap on Download and Install.
- Tap on Install button to update now. Enter your passcode to proceed.
Changes in iOS 13 beta 3
- In Split-View mode iPadOS now tells user which app is active, making typing Split-View easier.
- iPadOS users can now adjust the size of the mouse cursor, making it smaller. Users can also change the color for cursor’s outer ring.
- New popup screen for Secure Recordings screen in Home app, new Home app transition when long pressing on a tile.
- New Apple Arcade teaser screen.
- A new FaceTime Attention Correction toggle has been added to iPhone XS and XS Max. The description for the toggle reads “Your eye contact with the camera will be more accurate during FaceTime video calls.”