Have you ever bought an app from the App Store only to find out it does not work as it says in the App’s description or it is not compatible with your iPhone or iPad. If the answer to that question is yes then its time to get a refund. In this post we will tell you step by step how you can get a refund for app your purchased from the App Store. Let’s get started.
How to request a refund from App Store through Apple’s website
1. Open Apple’s official ‘Report a Problem’ website (link).
2. Sign in with the Apple ID you used to purchase the app.
3. Now from the ‘Report a Problem’ page click on the ‘Apps’ section. There you will find all of the apps you have downloaded from the App Store including the paid and the free ones. Look for the app you want to get refund for. Needless to mention but it should be a paid app only if you are going for a refund. If you have a general complain then this page will be useful too.
4. Once you have found the app click on the ‘Report a Problem’ button and from the drop down menu select the reason of demanding a refund. You can describe the problem you are facing with the app such as it is not compatible with your iOS device, it does not work as advertised or it is too buggy to be used normally among other reasons.
5. After filling out the form you can hit the ‘Submit’ button.
Before you get your hopes too high it is essential to keep in mind that you will only get a refund if you have a valid reason for this demand. Also after you submit a report it could take a few weeks or even months before you get a response.
Reporting a problem in an app and demanding a refund from the App Store is simple enough using the method above however there is another way that you can use to get a refund on the app you purchased.
How to request a refund from App Store through iTunes
1. Open iTunes and click on the ‘View Account’ option located under the ‘Store’ menu.
2. Next look for the ‘Purchase History’ section and click on ‘See All’ link. You will then see the list of most recent apps you have purchased or downloaded. If you don’t see the app you are looking for change the month and year.
3. When you have found the app click on the small icon with an arrow located on the left side of app’s listing.
4. From the next page click on ‘Report a Problem’ button and then on ‘Report a Problem’ link present adjacent to the app’s title.
You will be directed to Apple’s website after which you can follow the step 4 as listed above.
That’s it! Now you know how to request a refund on the app you purchased from the App Store. You can also use the same method to report problems with other items purchased from iTunes Stores as well including songs, books etc.