Safari offers many hidden features that many iPhone and iPad users don’t even know about. One such feature is mobile Safari’s ability to block specific websites on user’s request. By putting up restriction for a website and adding its URL in Settings users can block any website in iPhone or iPad Safari and prevent themselves and others from accessing that particular site on their device.
Having the ability to block a specific website in iPhone Safari can be very useful. You can block a site in order to prevent a child from accessing any webpage that may have harmful content. You can also block a certain website that you yourself find addicting or distracting.
Read on to learn how to block a specific website in iPhone Safari using the content restrictions settings offered by iOS.
Blocking a site in iPhone Safari
In this step by step tutorial we will show you how you can use the Screen Time feature to completely block any website in iPhone or iPad’s Safari browser. Once a site has been blocked it cannot be open in iOS Safari.
- In order to block a site open Settings and to go Screen Time.
- Now tap on ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions‘.
- Turn on toggle for ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions‘.
- Now tap on ‘Content Restrictions‘ option.
- On the next page tap on ‘Web Content‘.
- Now tap on ‘Limit Adult Websites‘.
- Next under ‘Never Allow‘ heading tap on ‘Add Website‘ option and enter the URL for the website you want to mobile in iPhone Safari.
Once you have successfully added the URL of the site you want to block in Safari, the mobile browser will restrict access to it and display an error whenever someone tries to open it. Please note that while adding restricted URLs to Safari, Adult Content will also be limited on your device. If you want to access certain sites that may be filtered as ‘Adult’ you can add them to ‘Always Allow’ list.