iOS 11 brings the new Do Not Disturb While Driving feature to iPhone. It is a very good feature that has the potential of saving actual lives. However for someone who does not drive and is mostly sitting on the passenger seat, it can be really annoying to have this feature enabled.
No matter if you are driving or not the Do Not Disturb While Driving mode turns on automatically, preventing you from receiving important calls and notification alerts. In this post we will show you how to completely turn off do not disturb while driving feature on your iOS 11 powered device.
You will not only learn how to turn off Do Not Disturb While Driving on your iPhone, but we will also show you how you can completely get rid of it by removing it from the Control Center.
Turn off the Do Not Disturb While Driving Feature
In order to disable DND While Driving follow the steps below.
- Open Settings app and tap on the ‘Do Not Disturb‘ option from the menu.
- Scroll down until you find the ‘Do Not Disturb’ While Driving‘ heading.
- Tap on the ‘Activate‘ option.
- Finally from the next screen select ‘ Manually‘ option for activation.
Now that Manually has been selected from the menu, Do Not Disturb While Driving will only get activated when you turn it On yourself from Control Center.
Completely remove Do Not Disturb While Driving
While we would encourage you to use this feature while you are driving, this post is meant for those who do not drive and are annoyed by their device getting in Do No Disturb mode automatically. Follow the steps below to completely remove this feature.
- Open Settings and tap on the ‘Control Center‘ option.
- Tap on the ‘Customize Controls‘ option.
- Now grab the button made up of three line and slide the ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving‘ option under the More Controls section.
Doing so will remove the Do Not Disturb While Driving button from the Control Center.