Privacy is important to all of us and in case you are looking to boost yours, you should hide photos on iPhone that you do not want other people to see. What many iOS users out there don’t know is iOS has a handy little feature that enables iPhone and iPad users to hide photos inside the stock Photos app. When photos have been hidden they disappear from user’s normal photos library album making them harder to access for unsuspecting intruder.
In this article we are going to show you how to hide photos on iPhone and prevent other people from viewing them easily. This tutorial will show you how to hide photos on iPhone’s camera roll and only have them appear in a special ‘Hidden Photos’ album.
The steps outlined in this how to hide photos on iPhone and iPad article focus on iOS 13 or later, as Apple has changed the user-interface of the Photos app. In case you are looking to hide photos on iPhone on iOS 12 or earlier, then check our previous guide.
- Open Photos app and access the photos and videos that you want to hide.
- Now tap on the ‘Select’ button from the top right corner of the screen and select the photos that you want to hide.
- Next tap on the ‘Share’ button from bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll up on the share sheet menu and tap on ‘Hide’ button in order to hide the selected photos.
- Confirm by tapping on the ‘Hide x Photos’ option.
Where to find hidden iPhone photos
Now that you have hidden certain photos from in your photos library, here’s how you can access them. These steps will help you to find hidden iPhone photos.
- Launch the Photos app and tap on the ‘Albums’ button from the bottom bar.
- Scroll down on the Albums page and under ‘Other Albums’ look for Hidden option and tap on it.
- On the next page you should find all the photos that have been hidden from your main photos library.
How to unhide photos on iPhone or iPad
Now that you know how to hide photos on iPhone camera roll, it is also essential to know how to unhide them. Here’s how you can unhide photos on iPhone or iPad in a few simple steps.
- Open the Hidden photos album by launching the Photos app and going to the Albums tab.
- Once you are inside the Hidden photos album select the photos that you want to unhide.
- Tap on the share button from bottom left side of the screen.
- From the share sheet menu tap on the ‘Unhide’ button.
After you have tapped on the unhide button, the selected photos that you had previously hidden will return to the normal photos camera roll of your device.
There you go folks, this is how you can easily hide, find and unhide photos on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask us through the comments section below.