As promised during WWDC Apple has made iOS 10 Public Beta available for public. Now anyone who is registered with Apple’s beta program can download and install iOS 10 on their device. The release comes after Apple has already released 2 developer betas of iOS 10. The public betas are generally more stable than the developer ones and are meant for day to day use of the general public. If you want to give iOS 10 a try before its final release in the fall, then this is something you should consider. Do remember that even though public betas are more stable, they may still have bugs, so avoid installing them on your work devices.
Installing iOS 10 Public Beta on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- First of all sign up to Apple’s Beta Software Program. Remember to use the same Apple ID that you use on your iOS device that will be running the beta. Also, make an up to date backup of your iOS device using iTunes.
- Once the sign up process is complete open Safari on your iOS device and then open this link. Download the iOS 10 beta Configuration Profile for your device. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the profile properly.
- After installing the profile go to Settings > General > Software and see if you have an iOS 10 update available. If it is then download it OTA. If you are not seeing the update then return to the homescreen, close Settings app from App Switcher and try again.
- Everything That is New in iOS 10 Beta 2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- 10 Hidden iOS 10 Features You Probably Don’t Know About
- 6 iOS 10 3D Touch Features Users Will Love
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 Back to iOS 9