Apple devices are pretty reliable but there are times when you run into a trouble that you cannot fix yourself. These are the times when you have to make a genius bar appointment and have an expert look at your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac. Going to an Apple Genius Bar is generally good experience because of Apple’s focus on giving its users the best retail and repair experience possible.
In this guide you will learn how to make an Apple Genius Bar appointment before taking your device for a checkup or repair. There are multiple ways for making a genius bar appointment. You can make the appointment using the Apple Support app or using Apple online website. We will share steps for both of these methods.
Make A Genius Bar Appointment Using Apple Support App
If you want to use Apple Support app for iOS to book your Apple Store appointment, then use these steps.
- First download the Apple Support app on your device.
- Open the App and tap on the Get Support tab.
- From the list of devices choose the device that you want to book a Genius Bar Appointment for.
- On the next screen choose the issue with your device, for example if your device is damaged choose Repairs & Physical Damage. You can also search for more issues.
- On the next screen you will be given a list of issues. Tap on the one that describes your situation then best.
- Now the app will give you support options. Here you need to select Bring in for Repair option. If you don’t see it under Get More Help tap on ‘Show All’ and then tap on it.
- On the next screen you will be given a list of nearest Apple Stores or Apple Authorized service providers. If you don’t get your nearest store type your city name or ZIP code to get an updated list.
- Choose the Apple Store that is most suitable for you and then select the time and date that you want to visit.
That’s it. Your Apple Genius Bar Appointment should now be confirmed and you will receive an email from Apple.
Make A Genius Bar Appointment Using Apple’s Website
Here are the steps for making a genius bar appointment using Apple’s website.
- Using any web browser visit Apple’s Get Support page.
- Click on the device that you want to book the appointment for.
- One the next page choose the issue you are facing with your device.
- From the pop up menu select the option that best describes the problem you are having with your device.
- Now you will be presented with multiple options. Choose ‘Bring in for Repair’ option.
- If you are not already signed in, you will be asked to log in with your Apple ID.
- From the next screen choose your device or enter its Serial number.
- Enter your ZIP code or city name to get a list of nearest repair options.
- Choose the Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider and then choose time and date of your appointment.
That’s it. Now you will get an email from Apple confirming your appointment.
There you go folks, this is how you can book and Apple Genius Bar appointment and have your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac or any other Apple device checked. If you have any questions regarding this process, then let us know in the comments section below. If you have already been to an Apple Genius Bar appointment, then share your experience with us in comments!