If you are planning on buying a used iPhone but haven’t purchased it yet, then there are a few things that you need to check before buying a used iPhone or iPad. Many of us buy pre-owned or used Apple devices from someone who is not an authorized Apple Reseller without having the necessary knowledge about the device, be it an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or a Mac.
I am pretty much sure most of us don’t know what to check before buying a used iPhone. Today, I am going to share what things to look for before buying a used iPhone. This is addition to checking device’s hardware and other necessary details for defects.
So, keep reading till the end to know what to check in a used iPhone before buying:
Note: Make sure, the device is no longer connected to the previous owner’s account; and ask the seller if they have TURNED OFF the ‘Activation Lock’ of not.
Important thing to check before buying a used iPhone
Perform these necessary steps before buying a used iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. This is one of the most important things among what to check before buying a used iPhone or iPad.
- Turn on the device
- Slide to unlock it.
- In case you see a passcode lock screen before you can access the device’s home, then it means the device has not been erased. You must ask your seller to erase the device completely by going to:
- Erase All Content and Settings
- Never buy any used iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as long as it is not erased fully.
- Now, start the device setup process.
- During this procedure, if you are asked to provide the previous user’s Apple ID and Password, return the device to the seller, and ask them to enter the password. In case the previous owner is not present, ask them to remove the device from their account by logging in to icloud.com/find.
- If your device asks you to ‘Set up Your iPhone’ (iPad or iPod touch), the first time you turn on the device this means the previous account has been removed from it. There is nothing to worry about and you can now set up your device.
Again, if you see a previous owner’s account, return the device ASAP and have them erased their account from it.
Have you ever experienced a previous owner’s account on the used iPhone you intended to buy? Share with us in the comments below.
Now that you know things to know before buying the iPhone, share this post with your friends and family and let them know what to check before buying a used iPhone.
For more useful information for your Apple devices, stay tuned to iOSHacker.com.