Over the past 5 years or so Apple devices, specifically the iPhone and Apple Watch have become the primary way to track fitness goals for millions of users. The combination of these devices provides a killer way for health and fitness conscious individuals to stay on top of their game and improve their lifestyle.
While Apple Watch significantly boosts the fitness tracking abilities of the iPhone, a Watch is certainly not required for fitness tracking. The iPhone itself collects a lot of data about the user that is available through the Health app. The Motion and Fitness data collected by the iPhone includes body motion, step count, stairs climbed and more.
While most people appreciate the fitness features offered by the iPhone, there are many who would rather turn off their iPhone’s fitness tracking feature. If you’re one of those people and want to stop iPhone from tracking your steps and other fitness data, then you can easily turn off these features.
In addition to turning off fitness and motion tracking on the whole device, users can also selectively turn it off for specific apps. Steps for both are outlined below.
How to turn off Fitness and Motion Tracking on iPhone
You can follow the instructions below to turn off Fitness tracking on iPhone.
- Open the Settings app and go to Privacy -> Motion & Fitness.
- Now turn off the toggle for Fitness Tracking.
- If you are looking to stop fitness tracking for a particular app only and not the whole device, then you can also do so by going to Settings -> Privacy -> Motion & Fitness. Then from the list of apps turn off the toggle located next to their name.
There you go folks, this is how you can easily turn off fitness and motion tracking features of iPhone for the whole device or just for a few apps.
- How To Quickly Type An Emoji On iPhone Without Looking For It
- How To Take A Slofie On iPhone 11 And iPhone 11 Pro
- How To Flag iPhone Emails In Different Colors
- How To Connect A Bluetooth Headset To iPhone