A set of schematics allegedly depicting the design of this year’s flagship iPhone 12 have leaked and featured on famous YouTuber EverythingApplePro’s channel. The schematics showcase the design changes that we can expect from this year’s iPhone including an iPad Pro-like squared design, LiDAR scanner on the back, a smaller notch and more.
According to the YouTuber who leaked the schematics they originate from a source that works with iPhone accessories. Based on these schematics EverythingApplePro has also shared renders for the new iPhone 12 with the help of designer Max Weinbach. The YouTuber says the design featured in the CAD images is “70% complete”, meaning there could be some changes down the road when the device enters mass production and is released for the public in fall 2020.
Some interesting details about the iPhone 12 based on the leaked CADs are as following…
- An iPad Pro-like squared design.
- A smaller notch compared to current iPhones.
- A thinner design at 7.4mm (compared to iPhone 11 Pro Max’s 8.1mm).
- Thinner bezels on all sides that are reduced to up to 40% from 2.5mm to 1.5mm.
- A Smart connector – first time in any iPhone.
- SIM tray has been moved to the other side to make room for the Smart connector.
- A LiDAR Scanner on the back, which will add another visible circle to the camera module.
- Thicker antenna lines bringing support for 5G on the iPhone.
- A new Midnight Blue color.
EverythingApplePro says he has more details regarding the features that we can expect from the iPhone 12, and he will be revealing them in one of his next videos.
At this point an iPad Pro inspired squared design seems inevitable not only based on these schematics but also based on several other reports including this one from Bloomberg, which also says an iPad Pro-like iPhone is coming this year.
You can watch the full video below.