The day every iPhone user had been waiting for is finally here. Apple has just released iOS 16.0 update for public and it is now available for download.
Now anyone who has an iOS 16 compatible iPhone can install iOS 16 on their device and enjoy all the new features that iOS 16 is bringing to iPhones.
Apple has been beta testing iOS 16 with developers since WWDC in June. The public beta was released in July. This is a major iOS release that is bringing tons of new features and improvements to all iPhones.
Before you install iOS 16 update on your device make sure you prepare your iPhone for iOS 16 first.
You can download iOS 16 update on your iPhone over-the-air by heading to Settings -> General -> Software Update. In addition to that you also have the option to manually install iOS 16 update on your device using the IPSW method.
What’s new in iOS 16
One of the biggest changes in iOS 16 is the redesigned lock screen, which now offers unprecedented levels of customization options for iPhone users. Now users can add lock screen widgets to their iPhone’s lock screen, change clock and date’s font and color, take advantage of lock screen wallpaper gallery that allows users to save wallpaper presets with different widgets and much more. A new Live Activities feature shows various updates like an Uber’s ETA or live scores on the Lock Screen.
Lock screen isn’t the only are of iOS that has received major changes. Messages app now allows users to edit, undo send and mark as unread messages among other changes. Mail app now includes features like Scheduled Send, Remind Me, Undo Send, Follow-up and more to make user experience more powerful.
Focus feature has received a big update and now allows users to link a lock screen to a specific focus mode. With this feature users can simply switch to a lock screen that they have designed for work, relaxing or studying etc and iOS will automatically enable the relevant Focus mode for the user. Other features in Focus Mode include Focus Filters, Focus Schedules, Allow and Silence lists and more.
iCloud Share Photo Library feature has been introduced that allows users to share a separate iCloud Photo LIbrary with up to 5 other people in their family or friends. This feature will be available later this year.
Safari browser now features Shared Tab Groups, Pinned Tabs in Tab Groups, Tab Group Start Pages, Extensions syncing across all devices, website settings sync and more. Web push notifications on iOS devices is also launching in 2023.
With Passkeys feature Apple is replacing password with an easier way to sign-in. This new way is safe from phishing, website leaks and easier to use. Live Text feature has also been updated and now allows users to interact with text in videos. The new ability to lift subjects from backgrounds in Photos and elsewhere is also part of the update.
Siri is more powerful than ever and can now run Shortcuts from apps without any setup. It also gets ability to automatically send messages, insert emoji in messages, hang up calls and an expanded offline support.
Other areas of iOS that have received updates include Maps with multi-stop routing support, Dictation, Apple Pay, Home app, Health, Fitness, Family Sharing and more.
Learn about all these features below
- iOS 16 Brings Lock Screen Personalization To iPhone
- iOS 16 Can Automatically Install Security Patches Without Needing Full iOS Installs
- iOS 16 Lets You See Wi-Fi Passwords Of Connected Networks
- All The New Features For Spotlight In iOS 16
- Mail Features In iOS 16: Attachment Reminders, Undo Send, Scheduled Send And More
- How To Create Your Custom Emoji Wallpaper In iOS 16
- How To Edit A Message Or Undo Send In iMessage
- How To Lift A Subject From An Image On iPhone
- How To Recover Recently Deleted Messages In Messages App
- How To Schedule An Email On iPhone Or iPad To Send Later
- How To Batch Edit Photos On iPhone’s Photos App
- How To Turn Off Featured Content In Photos App On iPhone
- How To Hang-Up Calls Using Siri
- What is Lockdown Mode on iPhone, iPad, and Mac? How To Use It
- How To Change Lock Screen Clock’s Font And Color
- How To Create Quick Notes On iPhone
- How To Use Mail App’s Remind Me Feature On iPhone Or iPad
- How To Enable Haptic Feedback For Typing On iPhone Keyboard
- How To Undo Send An Email On iPhone Or iPad’s Mail App
- How To Lock Notes With iPhone Passcode
- How To Enable Face ID Scan For Hidden Album And Hide Photos And Videos
- How To Create A Multi-Stop Route In Apple Maps
- How To Add Weather Widget To iPhone’s Lock Screen
- How To Add Fitness Widget Or Activity Rings To iPhone Lock Screen
- What Is Safety Check For iPhone And How To Use It
- How To Get Multilayered Clock Effect On iPhone Lock Screen
- How To Automatically Change Wallpaper On iPhone
- Track Fitness Goals And Close Activity Ring On iPhone Without Apple Watch
- How To Share Safari Tab Groups In iOS 16